The creator of the 100 Days of Real Food blog draws from her hugely popular website to offer simple, affordable, family-friendly recipes and practical advice for eliminating processed foods from your family’s diet.
Inspired by Michael Pollan’s In Defense of Food, Lisa Leake decided her family’s eating habits needed an overhaul. She, her husband, and their two small girls pledged to go 100 days without eating highly processed or refined foods—a challenge she opened to readers on her blog.
Now, she shares their story, offering insights and cost-conscious recipes everyone can use to enjoy wholesome natural food—whole grains, fruits and vegetables, seafood, locally raised meats, natural juices, dried fruit, seeds, popcorn, natural honey, and more.
Illustrated with 125 photographs and filled with step-by-step instructions, this hands-on cookbook and guide includes:
- Advice for navigating the grocery store and making smart purchases
- Tips for reading ingredient labels
- 100 quick and easy recipes for such favorites as Homemade Chicken Nuggets, Whole Wheat Pasta with Kale Pesto Cream Sauce, and Cinnamon Glazed Popcorn
- Meal plans and suggestions for kid-pleasing school lunches, parties, and snacks
- “Real Food” anecdotes from the Leakes’ own experiences
- A 10-day mini starter-program, and much more.